Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Tuesday Log: Full moon fever

Today saw a full moon. Pat opened the session by telling us that in traditional Ashtanga, one would normally not practice today. Because the body is 70% water, it, like the tides, is affected by the pull of the moon.

We practiced anyway, and I wonder if it was truly good - our bodies like the seeds that the Farmer's Almanac says should be planted at such time because the rooting force is the strongest at full or new moon. Or perhaps we are like the plants that should be transplanted at this time because the flowering forces are strongest.

Although I was tired, I felt 'rooted' in my practice. Nothing seemed to matter beyond the perimetre of my purple mat. I'm not sure I've been anywhere else where I've experienced being in a room full of people - each taking up about twelve square feet - yet feeling completely on my own in my actions and my thoughts. It's a whole new space amd feeling.

1 comment:

ipm said...

nice! what a cool idea to blog...