Sunday, February 28, 2010

A day of rest. Then...

March 1st. marks the start of the Yoga Shala's 31-day challenge.

I started going to class daily when I got back from Vancouver. WIth the exception of last Saturday and today, I've been each day for either a lunch-hour 50-minute class on Tuesdays and Thursdays or morning or evening 90-minute classes. It's been a good test of the waters to see if I actually LIKE it enough to go each and every day for a month. I do indeed enjoy it and have already realized the benefits of daily practice. (It keeps me from succumbing to the urge to pick flowers off the wallpaper when things get stressful.)

It's a bit of a landmark day today, too. One month into 40, and I'm signed up to take the challenge AND Canada took Gold this afternoon in the Men's Hockey at the Olympics in Vancouver. There's something wonderfully athletic about this year. I hardly felt athletic at all back when the Olympics were held in Calgary in 1988. Is it the fear of being 40? Not likely - more like a realization that indeed, as we age, it takes more care on our part to keep the machine well oiled... not to be confused with 'greased' - which was fun at 18, at 40, not so much.

Here's to remaining physically, emotionally and mentally fit!

Namaste,
Peace.

No comments: