Monday, January 3, 2011

Turtle Returns

I'm convinced that last year's rotator cuff tendon attachment injury scared me away from even the healing aspects of yoga.

I returned today, to what was advertised as "Very Beginner Yoga", with Brent, Dana's husband. He, I think, is fairly new to the teaching game, but an experienced yogi.

Speaking of yogi, tonight's class was a bit of a bear.

(pause)

Still with me?

Very elementary introduction - only an hour in duration.

I have lost a significant amount of stamina, not to mention the ability to clear my head quickly. This, I think, is when I need yoga the most.

I have this ugly habit - and I'm sure it's all a matter of being human - of letting go routines that I set up which actually work to my benefit. I get sidetracked easily. Recently it's been work and financial matters, and a stubbornness surrounding a tenacious want for a life that isn't all-work-all-the-time.

Slowly and steadily I've been piecing back together the lifestyle I had before the crash of September 2008. Two-and-some years later I'm moving forward again.

Yoga tonight.

Pottery upcoming Thursday.

The want to return to business-as-usual (literally and figuratively) has itself, returned.

I think the timing is somewhat coincidental. I'm not labelling this a New Years' resolution of any kind; simply, it's time.

More sleep
More water
More money
More time
More of what I love to do.

Namaste, peace.

No comments: