Sunday, April 4, 2010

Done

The 31-day challenge came to a close on Wednesday last week. I took Saturday off, after 33 practices- well, 34 since I'd gone twice one day just in case I needed a spare. I did not win the draw for the one-year membership, but that wasn't really the point.

I've decided that going to yoga class is much like going to the gym. Sometimes going every day leads to over-doing it.

I returned today for a morning class with Pat, and found myself pushing a little too hard. I'm struggling, to be honest. In one class I hear,

"Do what your body allows you to do - come back to the breath. You're not doing yoga until you surrender all agendas"

In another class, I hear,

"Have the courage to challenge yourself - to push your limits. This is where yoga begins."

Perhaps the balance is to be found in both statements, but some days I feel very much like a literalist - taking what i hear at face value, rather than applying it as is appropriate.

Maybe there's a lesson in this for me.

No comments: